Got your attention? Well, it’s true, losing weight is easy….. ish…. We’ve all lost weight, we’ve all, also gained weight. So technically I’m right. But that’s not what you want to hear though is it? For a systematic approach to weight loss, you have to change how you think and what you believe. The end goal is never weight loss but rather a healthy life. Weight loss is a by-product of a healthy life. It’s ok to gain weight back and it’s ok to splurge every now. Don’t let the guilt get you.
So, here are three ways you can lose weight effectively:
Manage Your Expectations
- Effective weight loss is a long term process. Remember, easy come, easy go. Yo-yo diets don’t work. If it takes you a long time to lose a certain weight, it’ll take you a long time to regain if ever.
- The key to weight loss is changing your behaviors, when you diet you are shocking your system. When you slowly change your behaviors, your body gets used to the transition and treats the weight loss process as normal.
- Start your weight loss by changing your diet. Slowly!!!! For example, I used to order a coffee at the drive through every morning. My standard order was double cream, double sugar. First thing I changed was that I dropped the sugar; it took me a while to get used to the taste. The second thing I dropped was the cream. For a while I drank my coffee black but now I add one milk.
- Try reducing your process sugars. Try to eliminate the following from your diet:
- By losing these items from your diet, you will shed the weight
- Change your exercise routines. If what you are doing doesn’t seem to be effective, odds are, your muscles are used to the behaviors and are in stasis.
- Where possible, move your exercise outdoors. If you ride an indoor bike, go outside, if you run on a treadmill, go outside etc.
- Add little exercises to your standard static poses. For example, watching the game, get off the couch and shadow box.
- Find a buddy, the social aspect of working out cannot be stressed enough, they will keep you motivated and true.
- Try different types of exercises, rock climbing or volleyball. Something to break the monotony of routine. If you don’t have an exercise buddy, join a group in an activity that you like, you will definitely meet like-minded people there.